Provision of PE and Sport at Woolden Hill Primary School
The school believes that physical education plays a vital role in contributing to a child’s physical and emotional development and well-being.
We aim to provide as many sporting opportunities as we can for all our pupils within the curriculum, extra-curricular activities and competitions. Presently we offer thirteen different sports clubs within the school which include – netball, football, rugby, basketball, multi- skills, fun and fitness, cross country, cricket, athletics, rounders, baseball.
This funding will enable the school to build on the quality of PE and sports provision throughout the school. Also it will enable us to provide additional sporting opportunities for the children both in the curriculum and in extra-curricular activities and competitions.
PE Funding 2016/17
Available Funds = £8745
- Additional Sports/PE and Lunchtime Equipment.
- Coaches for competitive and multi school events.
- Supply staff release & Teacher cover for events and competitions CPD .
- Local PE network fees.
- Sports Coach Salary.
- Continued Development of all sports clubs after school, lunchtime and breaks.
- CPD with lunchtime supervisors – games development at lunch.
- CPD with teaching staff.
- Sports Coach CPD – personal development.
- Teaching of all classes (whole school PE timetable).
- Developing strategies for wellbeing through sport.
Long Term vision
Our long term vision is to develop a Discovery Schools Sports Programme. The programme would see a wide range of sports and events being delivered so that all children and young people would have access to them. In order to do this a ‘sports manager’ would be appointed to manage, operate and deliver much of the programme. Specialist coaches would work across the cluster of schools in curriculum and after-school time. By pooling a percentage of the funding across the Discovery schools a strong, sustainable sports partnership would be developed.